Monday, March 15, 2010

Final Thoughts . . .

This has been a really interesting experience! I have tried many new tools that I know I would not have sought out on my own but with the great structure and support provided by the Web 2.0 programme it never felt too intimidating as it was so accessible. I feel this has contributed to the idea of "walking in our customers' shoes" as they are often overwhelmed and unsure of the technology that is required for accessing the library and I also have a much better understanding of the numerous web applications accessed by our "internet only" patrons.

Personally, the tools that have had the biggest impact for me are those that "simplify" and are "convenient" for the organization of my online information. Tagging, bookmarking (Delicious), online lists of websites (Rollyo) and the virtual bookshelves such as LibraryThing.

I would encourage even the most reluctant individual to consider learning about "2.0" and start exploring because it really does have something for everyone. Don't miss out as this has been wonderful being an information seeker.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Fantail
    Thats great that you have really enjoyed this and would encourage other people to do the course too and you can now share your knowledge with other people too!! :-0

    ReplyDelete